To understand the origin of this site a committee was formed to investigate. We found through the South Lyon Newspaper and Lyon Twp. archives the site was set up by the Elkow family in 1936 known as "Happy Hunting Grounds Pet Cemetery." In 1946 when the news of how many lives were saved by War Dogs during WWII the local residents raised the money to install a monument to show their respect to their heroic K-9's.

In the mid 80's interment had stopped and the maintenance declined and over the next 25 years nature had taken over.

The restoration started in  2010 and continues today.

 
  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg